CALL US FREE:
+0800 2335 900
1. What information do we hold and where do we get it from?
-Personal data is the information you supply that identifies you, for example, your name and address. -Anonymous data is information that does not identify you personally, i.e, average length of visit to our site. Our primary reason for collecting personal data is to provide you with a more enjoyable and personalised service. We also collect data so that we can understand and identify our customers needs and habits with the aim of making each online experience a better one. Personalisation is designed to save you time and effort, by providing a service tailored to your individual requirements. Understanding your needs means we are in a better position to meet them, and we can do this by looking at how you use our services.
Information about your visits to our services:
Hair Lovers® may gather data about what pages you visit within the site; how long you stayed on a page; and the route you took to navigate through the pages. This includes but is not limited to information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views). This information helps us monitor the accessibility of our service, and what your needs might be. It also helps us to develop and improve our service generally, in direct response to customer requirements. Purchase history: Hair Lovers® may collect information about your online purchases, in order to suggest other products and services which may be of interest.
When you register with Hair Lovers® Hair Extensions we collect personal details from you, including information such as your name and address. This helps us to build a customer profile, from which we can provide a personalised service, unique to you. The greater the information we have from you, the more personalised service we can provide. We may also ask you for personal details at other times, for example, if we run a market research questionnaire, competition, sweepstake or promotion. However, the majority of this data collection, is not compulsory.
Your personal information may be obtained in any of the following ways:
- Online registration and online forms
- By email or telephone
- When dealing with a Hair Lovers® customer service's executive
- Automatically by your internet browser
- On Customer agreements
- By post Cookies:
What is a cookie?
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Session Cookies These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site. We use these cookies:
- To allow information to carry across pages of our site and avoid you having to re-enter information
- To allow you to maintain a shopping basket
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
These cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (although how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). We use these cookies:
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Third Party Cookies
We also allow third parties to serve cookies via this site. These are used for the following purposes:
- To count the number of anonymous users of our site and allow us to better understand user activity.
- To tailor content to your preferences.
- To serve advertisements on our site and track whether these advertisements are clicked on by users.
- To control how often you are shown a particular advertisement. - To tailor content to your preferences.
- To provide security within shopping baskets or transactions.
Most browsers allow you to disable cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. To ensure you get the best from our websites, we advise that users keep cookies active on their machine whilst visiting Hair Lovers® websites.
Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
2. How do we use your Personal Information?
Your Personal Information: Hair Lovers® Hair Extensions will combine the different types of data held to create a membership profile for each customer. This helps us to provide you with a personalised service, most accurately suited to your needs. This is a continuous process as you continue to use our services - The more information we have, the better service we can provide. When you apply for any of our products and services, we may search the files of credit reference agencies which may keep a record of that search. Details of how you conduct your account may also be disclosed to such agencies. We will check your details with fraud detection agencies and if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. We and other organisations may use and search these records to: - help make decisions about credit and credit related services, for you and other members of your household; help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and insurance claims, for you and other members of your household; trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud, and to manage your accounts or insurance policies; check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you furnish us with other satisfactory proof of your identity.
We may use your personal information:
- For the purposes of administering your account, providing you with the services you have requested and providing you with information about these services.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website.
- Send you general (Non-Marketing) commercial Communications
- Send email notifications pertaining to your use of our sites or services for training purposes. We may disclose your personal information to other members of the Hair Lovers® Hair Extensions group of companies and its sub-contractors for these purposes.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
With your consent, we may wish to analyse your call, billing, viewing and interactive data from time to time to help us to identify and tell you of savings and services most appropriate to you. From time to time, we may also send you information, including discounts and special offers on Hair Lovers® Hair Extensions products and services. You can opt out from receiving information on Hair Lovers® products and services by contacting us. With your consent, we may send you this information by email, text, or automated telephone messaging. With your consent, we may occasionally send you information about the products and services of other organisations which we think may be of interest, or we may pass your details on to carefully selected organisations so they can contact you about their products and services (e.g. by post, telephone, email, text, picture or automated telephone messaging).
3. Who else gets to see your information?
(a) To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
(d) To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling. With your consent, Hair Lovers® may give your details to third party organisations so they can contact you with recommendations for products and services.
Hair Lovers® may sometimes hold promotions with other companies. In this case, some of the data collected at this time would be shared with the sponsor. If so, you will be told about this before your data is collected. If you request additional information from an advertiser or sponsor you will in effect be giving us consent to provide them with the personal details needed for them to fulfil your request.
4. What choices do you have?
5. Looking after your data
Hair Lovers® is committed to data security. We have implemented technical, managerial, and operational security, rules, procedures and measures, to ensure that your personal information is held within operating environments We will take reasonable technical, and operational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. Although we make every effort to create a secure environment for your personal information, Hair Lovers® cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information you transmit to us online. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
7. Policy amendments
8. Updating Information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
9. Contacting us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you should write in the first instance to Hair Lovers® Group Compliance Officer at the address below. Please use this address to let us know of any experience with privacy problems you may have with any of the sites to which our services link.